Celebrate Super Bowl 50 with this free printable
Today I am sharing a free printable for you to use in your studios to celebrate Super Bowl 50. I’m not the biggest football fan, but I love any reason for a party. This year, Super Bowl Sunday also happens to be my dad’s 55th birthday, so my husband and I will be hosting a get together and it has me excited about Super Bowl more than usual. I thought “Why not celebrate in piano lessons, too?!”
Just print this on colored paper or card stock in “football turf green” or the colors of your winning team. Who will you be rooting for? Panthers or Broncos?
Here are a few ways you can use this in your lessons this week.
- Grab a football to use as a “drum” for rhythm practice. Speak the phrases while “playing” the rhythm on the football.
- Clap a rhythm and have students guess the phrase.
- You say the phrase and students clap back or “play” back on the football.
- Play a matching game making pairs of each phrase and rhythm pattern.
- Use each of the 8 phrases for each note of a scale. Pay each note for one measure of rhythm working your way up the scale. Example: C (Go! Fight! Win Tonight!), D (Super Bowl 50), E (Carolina Panthers), F (Denver Broncos), etc. Mix it up for a new rhythm and new scale or reinforce the same scale with several different rhythmic possibilities!
Here are some more football themed resources:
Try a special football themed incentive just for this week.
Tell your student exactly what he needs to do in order to earn a “Touchdown” by the end of the lesson and have a treat/goody waiting for him if he scores.
Happy Super Bowl and I hope you have fun incorporating some football into your lessons this week!